Wednesday 21 October 2009

Do you believe in coincedences?

Coincedences, do you believe in them? A little story; 10 days ago on a web-site here in France (leboncoin.fr) I came across a lovely little 1952 trailer all wood on leaf springs. The day, Thursday, I was unable to go down to Fouesnant to see it, about 70km away, and so made an appointment for Saturday afternoon. I checked my mails Sat Morning and the owner had sent a message, ‘Sorry trailer sold’! So that was that, forgotten.

This morning, I was chatting with a friend at Logonna Daoulas, he asked me in for a coffee, passing through his barn, he said (in french) "Hey! Look what I've just bought!".

Guess what it was?

Yes of course the faithful wooden trailer.

Apparently he (friend) had seen the advert, phoned the seller and arranged to go down Friday because a 'Rich Belgian is coming down from Paris tomorrow afternoon who will buy it'.

In Fact the Rich... was in fact the poor collector from Goastalan who would have bought it.

Not only that he got it for 20€ less than the advertised price when I was happy to pay the full price.
GRRRRRR.


No I am happy that Cedric has it, he will cherish it, being a lover of wood & an accomplished woodworker.

Coincidences eh!

No comments: